Here are the major steps that show how push notifications work.
- Integrate push notification service to the website using code integration or plugins.
- Add push notifications opt-in to the website for visitors to subscribe for your push service.
- Create push campaigns from the push notification provider for the push subscribers.
- The API call from the back end triggers the push message to your user’s device.
- The sw.js file receives a “push event” when the push arrives on the device. The sw.js file will let you show notifications on your user’s devices.
To start using push notifications, sign-up to Truepush and turn your visitors into repeat customers.