Your Firebase Server Key and Firebase Sender ID are used to send push notifications to ANDROID devices.
To begin, we’ll obtain a Firebase Server Key and Firebase Sender ID. These keys allow Truepush to use Google’s web push services for your notifications.
Do not follow this guide if you are integrating web push for a website or WordPress blog.
Android platforms are for native mobile apps only, not for websites
1. Create a Firebase project
If you already have an FCM project you would like to use with Truepush, you will need to retrieve your “Sender ID” and “Firebase Cloud Messaging token”. Then skip to step 2
- Visit the Firebase Console and sign in with your Google account.
- Press “CREATE NEW PROJECT” or select an existing one below.
- Enter a project name and press “CREATE PROJECT”.
2. Getting your Firebase Cloud Messaging token and Sender ID
- Click the Gear icon in the top left and select “Project settings”.
- Select the “CLOUD MESSAGING” tab.
- Save the two values listed:
- You’ll need your Server key and Sender ID.
3. Now Add the Key and ID to TruePush
Now go to your “New Project” select “Android” and add the “Server Key” and “Sender ID” in the tags mentioned below then press “Save“.
After this go to “Android App Code Integration” page to continue with the setup.