RSS featured image is a WordPress plug-in that helps you to add a featured image into your RSS feed while using Truepush notifications.
Using a featured image on RSS feed notification is a common practice to make a feed appear appealing and engaging. By default, the tag for the featured image can not be crawled by our machine as it is saved as a different name, and thus, can not be recognized by our RSS feed engine. We recommend using WordPress plugins that can solve the issue of the featured image.
Below is the procedure to follow after installing the plugin-
- Install the plugin from the link provided.
- Activate the plug-in in the installed plug-in page.
- On the Truepush dashboard, add the RSS feed of the new post you have created. Ignore, if the feed exists already.
- Add a new post with a featured image to your WordPress website.
- After uploading the new post, search the RSS feed to check if the post has “<media: content>” tag present for the new featured image that you have added.
- Finally, check for the notification with an image popup (if you have allowed notification on your website) on your device.
Review us on GetApp.
Image source- Freepik