Following are the changes we made to help you comply with GDPR
- We appointed a Data Officer that you can reach
- We Released API’s(as below) where you can use them to record your user concern on usage of cookies
- We listed all the details we collect for you to see
For using our API here are our methods.
- To get subscriber Id for you to send us
- User consent – where you can send us details if a user has given the concern to use TruePush for sending push notifications and using their data to keep in dashboards + for truepush business model purpose.
- If a user wants to delete his/her data, we are making it easy for you so it can be removed.
To use the GDPR function for Truepush firstly login/signup into Truepush and set up the push notifications
After the initial process is done on the dashboard go to the “Settings” page.
In the “Settings” page on the top of the page, there is a tab called “GDPR” click on it.
CODE-1: To get Subscriber ID
Here you get the API codes for Deleting your subscribers TruePush.
The First code is for adding your subscriber data to your own database.
CODE 2: To delete the subscriber
The second code is for deleting the user details from your subscription.
Copy the code and paste it into the same place that the “Code Integration” code is placed.
CODE 3: TO make your opt-in and website GDPR compliance
To make your Opt-in GDPR compliant add this API code in the same place as the main SDK code from Truepush.
In the “<User constent>” place there are three options
- 1. allowed_cookies_only – this will allow you to still send notifications but these users will not show up in stats or pre-defined segments.2. allowed_cookies_personal_data – this will allow you to use Truepush with full functionality also we may use the same data to work with our partners and build data models.
3. denied – This would restrict TruePush to take any action for that user meaning we can’t show notification pop up, not store any data about them, etc.
There is also a page for you to see about what cookies take in as information
To make use of the GDPR on your website you have to change the existing code from the old to new
The new code is more efficient than the previous code and it removes the extra code for adding custom tags to your website
The code has to be added in the manner that is shown below for the GDPR function to be active
This is how to make your Optin box GDPR compliant using Truepush
Currently, we are GDPR compliant only with websites. We will do it soon for Android (and IOS when we release it)