What is RSS Featured Marketing Image Plugin
RSS featured image is a WordPress plug-in that helps in adding featured marketing images to the RSS feed notifications.
What is RSS in WordPress?
RSS feed is the format that allows blogger websites to send frequent updates. This allows users to know instant updates of new blogs. This helps website owners to increase their traffic, communicate with readers, click rates.
Adding featured images to these RSS feed push notifications is important to make your alerts more engaging. So, in this article, you will know how to add a featured image to your RSS feed by using the best free WordPress plugins for Truepush notifications.
Importance of RSS Feeds:
- The RSS (Rich Site Summary or Really Simple Syndication) Feed is the data format that allows the users to keep track of new content on the websites.
- RSS Feed helps in increasing the interaction of websites with the users by notifying them of regular content updates.
- The media websites, weblogs, publishers, and owners can directly deliver their content updates to the subscribers by feeding them in the form of RSS directories.
- RSS Feeds increase engagement and subscription for the websites.
Using a featured marketing image on RSS feed notification is a common practice to make a feed appear appealing and engaging. By default, the tag for the featured image cannot be crawled by the machine as it is saved with a different name, and thus, cannot be recognized by the RSS feed engine. So, it is recommended to use WordPress plug-ins that can solve the issue of the featured image.
Here is the process to be followed to install the RSS feature image -Wordpress plug-in:
1. Install the plug-in from the link provided.
- Activate the plug-in in the installed plug-ins page, as shown below, by clicking on the “Activate” tab under the plug-in name.
3. Add a new post with a featured image to the WordPress website, as shown in an example below.
- This is how a featured image appears on the WordPress website while creating a post.
4. On the Truepush dashboard, add the RSS feed of the new post created. Ignore, if the feed exists already.
5. After uploading the new post, search and click on the RSS feed of the new post.
6. A new page will open up. Check if the post has “<media: content>” tag present for the new featured image that has been added as shown below.
7. Finally, check for the notification with an image popup (if the user has allowed notification on the website) on the device. For example, as shown in the image below.
Truepush is the world’s No.1 free Push Notification platform. We are so glad to announce our Triggers and RSS-to-Push are now updated to give you the best in the world engaging experience.
Sign up now to turn your visitors into repeat customers.
Join our communities of 20,000+ marketers & developers to access original and interesting resources. We’d make sure, we never lose touch with you.
LinkedIn| Facebook| Twitter| YouTube
Join our WhatsApp/Telegram community of like-minded folks!
IndiaGlitz Uses Push Notifications To Push Vernacular Content To Its Users (Case Study)
How Using Push Notifications in your Marketing Funnel Up-slopes your Brand?
Review us on GetApp.
Image source- Freepik