Trending, Tempting, Tending!
Trending throughout, Tempting the audience, Tending towards success!
Wait! What, Perplexed?
To be clear, this blog is all about statistics of Push Notifications.
Before beginning, let me brief you on what are Push Notifications.
These are brief messages from a mobile app, which show up as pop-ups
on your desktop browser, mobile home screen, or in your device's notification center.
To simplify, Push notifications are something that businesses use for marketing.
These are used to get high retention and a great response rate from the audience.
According to current conditions, the push notification growth rate has increased, since 90% of users are probably interested in opening the push notifications they are receiving.
Here are some statistics collected from the analysis done by e-goi that
represents the growth and response rate of push notifications.
- 90% of those who receive push notifications open them.
- They have an opening rate of 50% greater than email marketing.
- When compared to email marketing, the click rate is seven times greater.
- Within an hour after getting them, 40% of people respond to push notifications.
- 53% of users allow location sharing.
- 52% of people seek pertinent information and offers in the push notifications they get.
- Between 55 and 60 percent of app users consent to get push notifications.
Push Notifications' Recurrence:
Yet, none of the studies covered how push notifications influence the company, such as in-app engagement rates, buy or buy intention, and app session length.
Instead, the company of Apps' large collection of push notifications
got compiled from industry-leading sources.
According to Localytics, push notifications increase app initiates by
88% and retention rates by 2-3 times. It would be fantastic if there
were more statistics accessible for the entire sector so that they
could get compared and assessed more often.
Techniques that help to Increase the Effect of Push Notifications:
Using Segmentation to Produce In-App Stories:
Two common strategies for customizing push notifications are geo-push and segmentation. According to Localytics, Segmented push notifications, now account for the bulk of all push notifications delivered between 2015 and 2017.
Sending push notifications with certain information, offers, or in-app
features that are suitable to the receiver is the goal of a segmented campaign. Industry best practices and a well-thought-out strategy campaign should serve as the direction for this.
According to Localytics' study, the CTR for normal push notifications is 4.2% when compared to 7.9% for geo-pushes. This implies that campaigns with more careful planning and customization are more successful. Deep linking may be used to move visitors away from generic in-app pages and towards personalized content.
Opt-in rates for mobile push notifications range from 81-90% for Android smartphones to 44-51% for iOS devices.
Before the beginning of Android 13, push notifications were enabled by default, and Android applications had an opt-in rate of 85-90%, about double that of iOS. Interestingly, the new technology empowers customers to decrease complexity and enhance their Android push messaging experience.
Gaming received 63.5% of opt-ins, whereas the average industry opt-in rate for finance was 72.3%. Push notifications make gaming the vertical with the lowest opt-in rates. An overall opt-in percentage of 67% is common across all continents. It is possible to get further opt-in rate information.
As User engagement is much more crucial, you need to be mindful of the procedures you are following to reach the audience.
Stats based on the Best time to send push notifications:
As time is efficient in everyone's lives, it's important to be mindful of it. Sending Notifications based on Timely analysis would be a great initiative for high retention. Here are a few analyzed timings to send Push notifications:
Day in a Week:
Accengage states that Tuesday performs better among all days, with a user response rate of 8.4%, as compared with Wednesday's response rate of 7.4%.
Additionally, according to Localytics,
Wednesday has one of the three lowest CTRs for push notifications (9%),
while Thursday has the highest CTR (11%). This demonstrates once more how little variance there is between days.
The largest click-through rate is seen between the afternoon and 6 p.m. The best days to increase development rates are Wednesdays along with weekends.
Time of the Day:
The greatest response rate in the overall average CTR occurs during the hours of 12 and 1 am, 7 to 8 am, and 12 to 2 pm.
According to Accengage, the user response rate at 11 p.m. was 11.4%.
In line with the above, Localytics likewise performs well between
noon and three o'clock, with a 15% average CTR during that time.
Push Notification Statistics in 2023:
- Nearly 90% of all push users in 2022–2023 subscribed to push notifications using mobile devices. Around 10% of push subscribers use desktop devices.
- According to the device and business, the subscription rate for push notifications ranges from 0.5% to 15%. The banking industry now has the greatest opt-in rate.
- Out of all industries, the e-commerce sector (22.03%) accounts for the majority of push notification distribution. Media, blogs, and marketing (18.79%) are close behind them.
- Web push notifications typically have a click rate of 12%, but push notification automation may raise it to 15%. This percentage rises to 18% when push alerts with rich media are sent.
- For customers who were regularly active in the previous 24 hours, the maximum push notification delivery rate was above 80%.
- Emojis (20%), send timings tailored to the industry (40%) rich
formats (25%), personalization (4x), and sophisticated targeting (3x)
may all increase push notification opening rates.
For detailed infographic representation, you can have a glance at Push Notification Statistics.
According to statistics, it is revealed that 90% of Push Notifications are opened. What users do when they open those matters for us.
Because of the push notification campaigns, the customer retention rate will improve.
The statistics provided above are meant to present a quick overview of the market position of push notifications and the significance of choosing the best Push Notification Service Providers for a website or business.
I hope this blog served you with relevant information, Stay tuned for more such content