Digital globalization has reached a tremendous level of customer opportunities, uncovering new reach for publishers. Technology-based lifestyle has paved the way for digital mediums to re-engage users in massive numbers. Wesbites recently are intrested in push notification marketing strategy to regualrly communicate and update users.
A lot of factors can affect how well a website is in online engagement. For a website to get excellent traction, the website’s need to update users frequently about the activities taking place. It’s difficult to update a vast user base and expect the decent traction from it. There are numerous promotional marketing strategies to engage users and the simplest, yet the most effective is employing a push tool.
Key benefits of using Push Notifications includes higher re-engagement, zero expenditure, faster campaign implementation, right target audience, and flexibility are to be named a few among other reasons.
Millions of notifications are sent every day, and we can’t ignore the fact that most of us don’t want to get interrupted while doing essential tasks. The importance of notifications is clear to a user who is aware of the benefits it provides. Still, to a layperson, it appears to be intrusive. So, what is it that needs to be done to make push notifications easily understood? Studying the characteristics of your users play an essential role in targeting, and creating actionable notifications is the need for the time.
Below are the factors that could be kept in mind before sending out a push. The best push notification strategies vary depending on the type of website using it such as e-commerce, blogger website, entertainment website, finance platform, etcetera. However, a precise common approach can be adapted for curating push notification best practices to see the maximum positive output.
Sending the same web push notification service, again and again, makes you a boring brand! Make your product alive through customized push notifications. Analyze the needs of your customers, tailor-made the announcement, and show them that you care for them, virtually. Include personalized information based on frequent visits. Reward them with freebies, offers, personal discounts, etc. The more entertaining it is, keeping the end-user in mind, the more converting it is! Sending a personalized push service increases the chances of converting your visitors into paying customers. You can also use emojis in push notifications as per content to attract subscribers.
Dunzo sends a personalized notification to its users with engaging icon.
Futooro sends notifications to its users using vernacular language.
- Include trigger-based notifications which are sent automatically when a new user enters your website.
- Match personalized push messages with the landing page. If a user gets a thank you message for purchase and the landing page is linked to the abandoned cart. That’s probably not a wise trick to do.
- Understanding your target audience is entirely intrinsic, and no one can assess it better than you.
- The more relevant update is to a user, the higher the chances of its views.
- Should you be frequent enough?
- When looking to increase the presence of a website, make sure to work on the push frequency. Showing up at every moment can be very intrusive. The need for sending push notifications at the right frequency is the real key to make your users feel valuable. But, too infrequent to follow the above rule can cost you many of your potential users. A new application may send notifications 10-15 times a day, but a news portal may send out the push alerts until a specific time. Push notifications for ecommerce website may send notifications about a product 5-10 times a day, till the stock exists. Similarly, the number of times notifications needs to be pushed out depends on the use cases.
- Uber sends frequent push notifications for your next ride.
- Key tips-
- Sending push notifications very frequent should be avoided as it may increase the page views counts but may significantly reduce the click-through rates in the long run.
- Remember to include the valuable message in notifications. Every irrelevant word may cost you your potential users.
- Push notifications should be pushed out carefully rather than throwing out all the possible push updates on your users( a severe mistake!).
- A report suggests, the afternoon receives the most click rates on the notifications followed by the morning time.
- Also, every week, Tuesday to Friday is the optimized time to send push notifications as per our experience for dealing with billions of notifications.
- The ideal time to send push notification is 8 am to 5 pm.
Push notification should be as simple as possible to avoid the clumsiness and increase visibility.
Also, the button designs should complement the whole notification look. There are free button designs available at Freepik.
LinkedIn| Facebook| Twitter| YouTube
How “Amrutam” makes use of Truepush to Re-target and Re-engage Its users
Review us on GetApp.
Image source- Freepik
Image credit-<a href=”https://www.freepik.com/free-photos-vectors/arrow”>Arrow vector created by rawpixel.com – www.freepik.com</a>